Wellbeing & Peak Performance Coaching
Nutritional Medicine & Naturopathy
Qualified Medical Doctor
Applying a multidisciplinary education and experience in Medicine, Physiology and Nutritional Medicine
Only clarity and precise guidance designed entirely around your own individual body will remove the ambiguity of popular or contradictory advice and leave you with absolute confidence that you can make informed and effective decisions.
You are more than a set of diagnosed conditions. Gaining a developed sense of your own physiology allows you to move beyond only dealing with problems and into a life of wellbeing.
What is the difference between Nutrition and Nutritional Medicine?
Nutrition teaches you about foods and supplements, nutritional medicine uses nutrition to address physiological imbalances. These must be accurately diagnosed first.
Your body is unique, you need diagnosis of the complex and interrelated toxicities, deficiencies and imbalances that cause depletion of optimum function like a run of dominoes falling down one by one. This does not have to be severe or obvious to cause many symptoms and an experience of profound fatigue.
Image by Stack Exchange
For every individual there is a way of eating that needs to be changed in a dynamic way, to help strengthen each system in a step-by-step fashion. Picking up the end dominoes so they will likely fall down again is not a satisfactory resolution, although you may be convinced at the time you have resolved the problems. Starting at the beginning and moving through the body enables greater strength to be enduring.
We strive to make this as simple and flexible as possible for you. Enjoying the sensual pleasure of food has great value (it’s not about deprivation, just balance) and all our guidance takes this into account. Addictions and compulsions can fall away with time and work, so a healthier balance becomes your natural way. Discovering a unique blend of quality nutrition that fulfils your unique requirements with a smaller selection of things that truly give you incredible taste and even delight becomes very appealing.
Clients may present with…
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Thyroid disorders
- PMS, Infertility, Menopause ….
- Prostate Conditions
- Skin conditions – Eczema, Psoriasis, Acne, Hives….
- Digestive complaints – IBS, Crohns, Ulcerative Colitis, Indigestion Acid Reflux, Constipation …
- Autoimmune diseases
- Cardiovascular disease – Raised Cholesterol, Angina, Stroke, High Blood Pressure
- Eating disorders
- Sleep disorders
…And many more conditions
Rely on expert training:
BSc Hons Physiology (First Class)
Diploma in Nutrition
Diploma in Nutritional Medicine & Naturopathy
The foundation upon which years of experience has developed a special understanding of how your entire system interconnects and functions.
- Removes all the ambiguity of piecemeal advice by establishing a clear understanding of your own unique requirements
- Structures a comprehensive guide to serve all your imbalances and conditions
- Using foods, key supplements and gentle cleansing techniques to address physiological imbalance and functional performance within your body
Photo: by Brooke Lark
Aiming to idenitfy causal base, rather than just symptom managing
Here years of experience and education are necessary to identify these more subtle causative triggers
- Nutrition for the cells
Nourishing the cells, aiming to address function and production of energy. Looking at the biochemistry (the constitution of fluids inside and outside the cells of the body). Considering alkaline balance, mineral/vitamin/quality antioxident provsion, saturated and polyunsaturated fat profile and gut flora balance.
- Nutrition for the organs and systems
Addressing these in correct order
- Nutrition for the brain
A focus on specific nutrition for the brain
Photo: The Art of Plating
- All suggested guidelines are creatively presented to best suit your individual tastes and lifestyle. Our aim is to identify key changes to implement whilst minimising effort required. Striving to limit sacrifice and discipline required whilst maximising results.
- Designed for your individual requirements, lifestyle and tastes
- Enjoy creative recipes, intelligently selected take-out choices, restaurant menu picks, inspiring snacks…
- Consultations (clinic, Skype, telephone)
- London and South East Workshops
For all enquiries and bookings (clinic, telephone, Skype) please contact:
Tel: 07855 523487
All content this website, unless otherwise stated, is the property of The Wellbeing Specialist 2016