Retreat into Summer!
South Devon Retreats
Photographs by Dr Deborah Quinn on Summer Retreats in Devon
Click HERE for more information on our special one-to-one Walking, Wellbeing and Peak Performance Retreats
Or for our updated brochure, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Creative Recipes Using Seasonal Produce of September
Whilst Debbie can’t tailor the recipes on a blog to every individual’s conditions and body the way she does with her clients, she does hand-select the recipes based on healthy ingredients put together in the most inspiring ways. Inspiration is the best step towards embracing genuine nourishment!
You MUST make sure that all ingredients you use are compatible with your own individual medical conditions, medications, allergies and goals.
Roasted Pear and Cranberry Brussels Sprouts
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 2 pears cored and cut into 8 wedges each
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion or red onion
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 or 4 lemon wedges
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the Brussels sprouts, pears, and onion and toss to coat with the olive oil. Season with a few pinches of salt and pepper.
- Place the mixture on the prepared baking sheet in an even layer. Bake until the Brussels sprouts are golden brown and have started to crisp and the pears have caramelized, about 30 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking.
- Squeeze 3 of the lemon wedges over the pan and drizzle with the honey. Add the dried cranberries and toss to combine well. Taste and season with more lemon and salt and pepper, if needed.