Retreat into Summer!
South Devon Retreats
Photographs by Dr Deborah Quinn on Summer Retreats in Devon
Click HERE for more information on our special one-to-one Walking, Wellbeing and Peak Performance Retreats
Or for our updated brochure, please email email@example.com
Creative Recipes Using Seasonal Produce of September
Whilst Debbie can’t tailor the recipes on a blog to every individual’s conditions and body the way she does with her clients, she does hand-select the recipes based on healthy ingredients put together in the most inspiring ways. Inspiration is the best step towards embracing genuine nourishment!
You MUST make sure that all ingredients you use are compatible with your own individual medical conditions, medications, allergies and goals.
GRILLED SALMON SALAD WITH BLUEBERRIES AND FIGS
From Flavour & Savour
1 16 oz. wild salmon fillet (enough for 4 servings)
2 tsp oil
1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
salt and pepper
8 cups fresh salad greens
2 cups fresh blueberries
8 fresh figs
Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp honey
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
coarse sea salt and pepper to taste
- Toss freshly washed greens with honey-balsamic vinaigrette and arrange on serving plates.
- Top with fresh quartered figs, blueberries and sliced avocado.
- Brush salmon fillet with 2 teaspoons oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place skin side down diagonally on the grate of your gas grill. Lower the lid and cook for 2 – 4 minutes.
- Gently lift the fillet with a fish turner. If it releases, carefully flip it over to the other side. If not, let it cook a little longer, then try again. Lower the lid and grill for 5- 7 minutes on the other side or until fish is no longer opaque, it flakes easily with a fork, or it has reached an internal temperature of 125°F.
- Brush with 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup and grill 1 – 2 minutes more. Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes.
Slice salmon into bite-sized pieces and arrange on salad. Drizzle with honey-balsamic vinaigrette.
- Serve immediately.