Retreat into Summer!
South Devon Retreats
Photographs by Dr Deborah Quinn on Summer Retreats in Devon
Click HERE for more information on our special one-to-one Walking, Wellbeing and Peak Performance Retreats
Or for our updated brochure, please email email@example.com
Creative Recipes Using Seasonal Produce of August
Whilst Debbie can’t tailor the recipes on a blog to every individual’s conditions and body the way she does with her clients, she does hand-select the recipes based on healthy ingredients put together in the most inspiring ways. Inspiration is the best step towards embracing genuine nourishment!
You MUST make sure that all ingredients you use are compatible with your own individual medical conditions, medications, allergies and goals.
Roasted Veggies & Hummus Sandwich
From Eating Well
Debbie has selected this recipe for the interesting fillings and toppings, and she would strongly recommend swapping out the bread in this recipe for either gluten free bread, or gluten free crackers.
- ½ cup mixed sliced vegetables, such as bell pepper, eggplant, and summer squash (see Tip)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 slice 100%-whole-wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons hummus
- ½ cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon unsalted raw sunflower seeds
- 2 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread sliced vegetables on a small rimmed baking sheet and toss with olive oil. Roast until tender, about 25 minutes.
- Lightly toast bread, if desired. Spread hummus on the bread. Layer spinach on top, then top with the roasted vegetables. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds and garnish with basil, if desired.
- Tip: You can roast extra vegetables in Step 1; refrigerate, covered for up to 5 days. To reheat, microwave on High for 30 seconds.