Time to Retreat
South Devon Retreats
Click HERE for more information on our special one-to-one Walking, Wellbeing and Peak Performance Retreats
Or for our updated brochure, please email email@example.com
Creative Recipes Using Seasonal Produce of June
Whilst Debbie can’t tailor the recipes on a blog to every individual’s conditions and body the way she does with her clients, she does hand-select the recipes based on healthy ingredients put together in the most inspiring ways. Inspiration is the best step towards embracing genuine nourishment!
You MUST make sure that all ingredients you use are compatible with your own individual medical conditions, medications, allergies and goals.
- 3/4 cup uncooked Ancient Harvest Quinoa
For the vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (just from about 4 small limes)
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons honey (agave nectar or maple syrup if vegan)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- pinch of salt, to taste
- For the salad:
- 6 cups organic baby spinach (1 bag of baby spinach), finely diced
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup quartered ripe strawberries
- 1 ripe mango, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 ripe avocado, diced
- To cook quinoa: Rinse quinoa with cold water in mesh strainer. In a medium saucepan, bring 1 ½ cups of water to a boil. Add in quinoa and bring mixture to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 15 minutes or until quinoa has absorbed all of the water. Remove from heat and fluff quinoa with fork; place in large bowl and set aside to cool for about 10 minutes. You should have a little over 2 cups of quinoa.
- To make dressing: Add lime juice, honey, apple cider vinegar, ginger and a pinch of salt to a medium bowl. Whisk together until well combined, about 20-30 seconds. Set aside.
- Add chopped spinach, red onion, strawberries, mango, cilantro and avocado to the quinoa and gently mix with a wooden spoon to combine. Drizzle in dressing and stir again until all ingredients are well coated with the dressing. Serve immediately or cover and place in refrigerator for later serving. I recommend adding the avocado right before serving. Makes 4 servings, about 1 heaping cup each.