Surround yourself with beauty. Digest the finest nutrition with all your senses and heart.
Creative Recipes Using Seasonal Produce of May
Whilst Debbie can’t tailor the recipes on a blog to every individual’s conditions and body the way she does with her clients, she does hand-select the recipes based on healthy ingredients put together in the most inspiring ways. Inspiration is the best step towards embracing genuine nourishment!
You MUST make sure that all ingredients you use are compatible with your own individual medical conditions, medications, allergies and goals.
BROAD BEAN, PEA AND QUINOA SALAD
From Nirvana Cakery
250g quinoa (1½ cup)
200g fresh or frozen broad beans, shelled (1½ cup)
200g fresh or frozen peas, shelled (1½ cups)
3 medium spring onions, chopped
3tbsp chopped mint
3tbsp chopped parsley
3tbsp olive oil
1 lemon, juice
salt & pepper
- Measure 1½ cup of quinoa, rinse well and place into a pot.
- Add exactly double the volume of water and bring to a boil. Simmer covered for exactly 15 min.
- After 15 min remove from the heat and leave to stand for 5 min. Fluff up with a fork and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- To blanch broad beans, bring a pot of water to boil, add broad beans and boil for 3 min.
- Rinse under cold water, peel the outer shell off and set aside.
- If using frozen peas and/or broad beans, place into a pan with water, bring to a boil and simmer for 3 min. Rinse with cold water, drain and set aside.
- To assemble the salad, in a large bowl toss the quinoa with broad beans, peas, spring onions, mint, parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Check for seasoning and transfer to a serving dish.
- Serve and enjoy!