Start the week intentionally with food for thought:
- Our inspirational quote for the day
- Adventure inspiration with photos from our March hiking retreats
- Exquisite hand-picked recipe using seasonal ingredients for inspiration and nutrition
Photos from our March hiking retreats:
Photos by Dr Deborah Quinn, Retreats in South Devon
Small Group and One to One Hiking Retreats
Skype Consultations also available
Seasonal Connection: The Best of March Produce
Whilst Debbie can’t tailor the recipes on a blog to every individual’s conditions and body the way she does with her clients, she does hand-select the recipes based on healthy ingredients put together in the most inspiring ways. Inspiration is the best step towards embracing genuine nourishment!
You MUST make sure that all ingredients you use are compatible with your own individual medical conditions, medications, allergies and goals.
Roasted Razor Clams
From Jamie Oliver
1 kg razor clams, from sustainable sources
2 fresh red chillies
3 cloves of garlic
3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Preheat the oven to full whack.
- Rinse your clams under cold running water and pull off any seaweed. Make sure the shells are all tightly closed. Spread out in a roasting tray.
- Slice the chillies and unpeeled garlic lengthways, then scatter over the clams. Pick over the rosemary leaves, then drizzle everything with olive oil and pop in the oven.
- Roast for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the shells start to open.
- Turn the tray around to make sure the clams cook evenly, then return to the oven until all the clams are open.
- Remove them from the oven and squeeze over the juice from half a lemon. Using tongs, lift the clams onto a serving dish and spoon any tray juices over the top.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and serve with crusty bread. Cut the remaining lemons into wedges and serve on the side for squeezing over.