Photo by Arturo Castaneyra
Warming Autumn Soups
Whilst Debbie can’t tailor the recipes on a blog to every individual’s conditions and body the way she does with her clients, she does hand-select the recipes based on healthy ingredients put together in the most inspiring ways. Inspiration is the best step towards embracing genuine nourishment!
You MUST make sure that all ingredients you use are compatible with your own individual medical conditions, medications, allergies and goals.
Pumpkin & ginger soup
From Jamie Oliver
- 1 kg pumpkin
- 2 shallots
- 75 g ginger
- a few sprigs of fresh herbs , such as chives, mint
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 litre organic vegetable stock
- 125 ml coconut milk , plus extra to serve
- ½ tablespoon chilli powder
- 1 lime
- Deseed and roughly chop the pumpkin, peel and chop the shallots, then peel and finely grate the ginger. Pick and finely chop the herbs.
- Place the pumpkin, shallots, ginger and some oil in a large saucepan and sauté until soft.
- Add the stock, coconut milk and chilli powder. Season, then bring to the boil and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Blitz in a food processor then serve with the fresh herbs, lime juice and a splash of coconut milk.