Be Gentle Towards Yourself
We can be strict with our minds and bodies without realising how harsh we are being.
We can have stern expectations, and rigorous instructions: we might not realise we’re not hearing what the body & mind needs when we’re so focused on telling it what we want.
Bodies work hard during hot weather, fighting to keep you cool.
Give back and pay attention.
Sit with a soothing tea, or some ever-needed water and explore… at the very least you’ll be giving your mind a much needed breather.
Remember this: perfect is an illusion, not a goal.
Be forgiving and accepting and be gentler in your dealings with yourself.
Baking without refined sugar
Removing refined sugar from your diet does not mean abstinence from all things sweet!
Whilst Debbie can’t tailor the recipes on a blog to every individual’s conditions and body the way she does with her clients, she does hand-select the recipes based on healthy ingredients put together in the most inspiring ways. Inspiration is the best step towards embracing genuine nourishment!
You MUST make sure that all ingredients you use are compatible with your own individual medical conditions, medications, allergies and goals.
Chocolate Banana Bread
180g unsweetened dark chocolate
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 teaspoon coconut oil, or more as needed
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
225g mashed ripe bananas
120g coconut flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
125g almond butter
1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Melt the chocolate, butter and 1 teaspoon coconut oil in the top of a double boiler over simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching. Remove from heat and stir in cinnamon.
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Lightly grease a 2lb loaf tin with 1 teaspoon coconut oil.
- Sift coconut flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt together in a bowl. Place mashed bananas in a large bowl; fold flour mixture into bananas with a rubber spatula.
- Beat almond butter and eggs together in a bowl until creamy; add to banana mixture and mix well.
- Pour 1/2 banana mixture into prepared loaf tin; top with 2 tablespoons of the chocolate mixture. Use a fork to spread and swirl the chocolate mixture through the banana cake mixture. Repeat with remaining banana cake mixture and chocolate mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden brown and loaf cake is cooked through, 50 minutes.