Think Cool to Keep Cool
- Moisturise your feet for a wonderful reviving effect on the whole body.
- Nourish & Calm dried or over-heated skin
- Cool your pulse-points for a more restful night’s sleep
- Use the power of your mind – listening to arctic winds; cultivating stillness through meditation or gentle stretching; exploring cool rather than focusing on the heat can actually make you feel better
Baking without refined sugar
Removing refined sugar from your diet does not mean abstinence from all things sweet!
Whilst Debbie can’t tailor the recipes on a blog to every individual’s conditions and body the way she does with her clients, she does hand-select the recipes based on healthy ingredients put together in the most inspiring ways. Inspiration is the best step towards embracing genuine nourishment!
You MUST make sure that all ingredients you use are compatible with your own individual medical conditions, medications, allergies and goals.
Raw chocolate cheesecake
Photo by Honey and Spice
For the base
40g unsweetened cocoa power
200g pitted Medjool dates
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 pinch salt
For the filling
360g raw cashews, soaked overnight in cold water, then drained
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
165g frozen ripe banana
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons water
1 pinch salt
40g unsweetened cocoa powder
75g pitted Medjool dates
For the base:
- In a food processor, blitz the walnuts until you get coarse crumbs. Add the remaining ingredients and blitz until well incorporated. The mixture will be still quite crumbly; do not fear.
- Press about 200g of the base mix evenly into a cling film-lined 20cm round springform cake tin. Set aside.
For the filling:
- Wipe out the food processor bowl, then blitz the filling ingredients until well incorporated and smooth. Taste the sweetness and add more dates as you wish. Pour into the tin and smooth out using a wet spatula or spoon. Cover with cling film and place into the freezer for 2 to 3 hours.
- Once set, slice, plate and enjoy! You can store the cheesecake in the freezer whole – slice the pieces as you need with a very sharp knife. The slices thaw in 1 hour.