All living things have a very special relationship with water.
It’s more than necessity – perhaps a return to where we came from? A return to ourselves which brings us peace?
We love to be near it: we are refreshed by it on our hands and faces and feet; we are soothed by baths, calmed by the shoreline; delighted by the fun of messing around in pools and puddles, right from the day we’re born through our whole lives…
Cherish water today.
Be thankful for such a precious blessing!
Make a conscious decision to focus on more plant based foods.
Here we offer some tasty vegan recipes to savour, whether you are actually vegan and looking for inspiration or as super healthy alternatives to meat and fish recipes that have become routine.
We look for recipes using higher quality produce, substituting occasional ingredients to upgrade your nutrition.
Whilst Debbie can’t tailor the recipes on a blog to every individual’s conditions and body the way she does with her clients, she does hand-select the recipes based on healthy ingredients put together in the most inspiring ways. Inspiration is the best step towards embracing genuine nourishment!
CREAMY BROCCOLI AND ALMOND SOUP
From Live Kindly
Serves 6 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time 30 minutes
700 g broccoli
1 tbsp coconut oil1 medium onion (or 3 shallots)
60 g ground almonds
700 ml vegetable stock
300 ml almond milk (or other dairy-free milk)
salt and pepper to season
For the topping
1 tsp dairy-free spread
4 tbsp almond flakes
- Break the broccoli into florets and chop the stem into chunks, set aside. Dice the onions.
- Saute the onions in the coconut oil in a large sauce pan over a medium heat until the onions start to turn translucent. Add the broccoli and stir to coat in the oil.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and ground almonds, stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend all the cooked ingredients in batches until smooth.
- While the soup is blending, melt the dairy-free spread over a low heat then fry the almond flakes until they are slightly brown. Remove from the pan immediately or they will start to burn.
- Return the soup to the sauce pan, add the almond milk, then stir to combine and warm over a medium heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer soup to serving dishes and top with almond flakes.