Cultivate peace with stillness, the breath and beauty.
Make a conscious decision to focus on more plant based foods.
Here we offer some tasty vegan recipes to savour, whether you are actually vegan and looking for inspiration or as super healthy alternatives to meat and fish recipes that have become routine.
We look for recipes using higher quality produce, substituting occasional ingredients to upgrade your nutrition.
FENNEL & CHICKPEAS PROVENÇAL
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 fennel bulbs, sliced thin
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1-15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp Herbes de Provence
- 1/2 tsp Aleppo pepper or red hot pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-15 oz can organic chickpeas, drained
- 10 black cured olives, pitted
- 10 Kalamata olives, pitted
- 2-3 tbsp capers (optional)
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Heat olive oil In a large deep skillet. Sauté fennel, onions and garlic over medium heat for 15- 20 minutes or until the fennel is soft and caramelized. Season with salt and pepper
- Add canned tomatoes, Herbes de Provance, Aleppo pepper and water. Bring to a boil, cover and and reduce hear. Simmer for 15 minutes
- Add chickpeas, olives and capers (if using) and continue cooking uncovered for an additional 5-10 minutes
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving