Dressing vegetables with WOW! A series of 4 with unusual, inspirational and nutritional ideas.
Parsnip & Sage Stuffing Salad
Recipe by NATASHA CORRETT at Honestly Healthy Food
Whilst Debbie can’t tailor the recipes on a blog to every individual’s conditions and body the way she does with her clients, she does hand-select the recipes based on healthy ingredients put together in the most inspiring ways. Inspiration is the best step towards embracing genuine nourishment!
- 2tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 white onion diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 large sliced leek
- 1 stick celery
- 8g sage leaves
- 150g cooked peeled chestnuts
- 10g parsley
- zest of 1 orange
- pinch pink salt
- ground pepper to taste
- 6 parsnips
- sesame seeds for garnish
- salad leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg.
- Slice the parsnips lengthways into quarters.
- Add a 1 tbsp sunflower oil and a pinch of pink salt and put into the oven for 30 minutes or until soft.
- Put the coconut oil in the pan to melt and sauté the onion and garlic for 2 minutes until the oil starts to absorb.
- Add 3 tbsp water and thinly sliced celery and leek for 2 minutes until they become soft.
- Chop the chestnuts into quarters.
- Add 3 more tbsp. water with the chopped sage leaves and chestnuts.
- Stir in the orange zest and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 3 tbsp water and stir in the parsley.
- Serve with the roasted parsnips and salad leaves garnish with sesame seeds.