When it’s so bitterly cold outside, maintaining that inner glow is serious business!
Keep moving, keep searching for sparks, keep doing things you love, use your own internal furnace to keep you warm and well!
Breakfast is King – a little 4 part series with unusual, inspirational and nutritional breakfast ideas.
From Jamie Oliver
Whilst Debbie can’t tailor the recipes on a blog to every individual’s conditions and body the way she does with her clients, she does hand-select the recipes based on healthy ingredients put together in the most inspiring ways. Inspiration is the best step towards embracing genuine nourishment!
- 175 g brown rice
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 x 400 g tin of black beans
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 225 g ripe tomatoes, on the vine
- ½ a bunch of fresh coriander
- 2 limes
- 4 spring onions
- 6 large free-range eggs
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions. Once al dente, remove from the heat, drain and rinse under cold water, then set aside.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic, then drain the beans.
- Place a large frying pan over a medium heat, add the cumin seeds and toast for 1 minute.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil, the garlic and ground coriander, and fry for 1 minute, then stir in the drained beans.
- Fry for 5 minutes, or until the beans start to crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes, then pick and finely chop the fresh coriander and mix together to make a salsa.
- Squeeze in the juice of 1 lime and season well.
- Stir the rice into the beans and fry for a further 5 minutes, or until piping hot, then finely slice and stir through the spring onions.
- Whisk the eggs, season, then cook in a non-stick pan over a low-medium heat, until scrambled and creamy.
- Serve the rice topped with scrambled eggs and a spoonful of tomato salsa, with the remaining lime, cut in half, on the side for squeezing over.