A Note from Natalie
Natalie is the resident writer, but not an expert. For expert advice, please book a consultation with Dr Quinn
This gentle, forgiving, nurturing pose is all about self-love
Photo of Nina Endrst by Emily Pearl. For Free People
“Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profoundness.
Kindness in giving creates love.”
― Lao Tzu
What do you aspire to above treating others with kindness?
This is a great lesson in understanding what your real values are.
There is no judgement, only questions. Through honesty, and genuine self-knowledge, we grow.
If you can be anything… what would you honestly wish for?
This week’s recipe: A cup of Kindness, dear… Turmeric Latte with a twist!
Whilst Debbie can’t tailor the recipes on a blog to every individual’s conditions and body the way she does with her clients, she does hand-select the recipes based on healthy ingredients put together in the most inspiring ways. Inspiration is the best step towards embracing genuine nourishment!
Sara Haas’ Lemongrass Turmeric Latte
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated fresh turmeric or 1/2 – 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- 3/4 cup plain, unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2-1 teaspoon turbinado sugar
- 1 stalk lemongrass, 1-2 outer stalks removed
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the turmeric, coconut milk, almond milk and sugar. Set aside.
- Rinse, chop and lightly pound the lemongrass. Add it to the saucepan and then set the pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
- Strain solids and serve warm in a mug.
- Optional: whisk the latte for 1 minute to add a little froth.