Do you need a retreat?
Thoughts from our current one-to-one autumn and winter retreats in the Dordogne, France
Step outside of your world, the one you have become used to as the only way of living and thinking. Step into a new world, a new understanding, to glimpse how different things can be in your own mind and externally. Bask in the effect this will have on you. Grasp the opportunity for true healing.
The main value of the retreats I offer is to help you identify all the embedded beliefs in your mind about how life must be, how you use conditioned emotional tactics to separate yourself from love and living and how miserable and diseased these can make you, to discover how you have lost connection and inspiration for all expression of the genuine you, how you define success and where this compels you to drive forward blind to all the sacrifices, to see how stressed have become and how this manifests in your body.
Issigneac and Bergerac
Images from top: southofthedordogne.com, eatdrinkbekerry.com, fineartAmerica.com, and storagecanalblog.com
Embrace the reboot opportunity, with an understanding of where you can reconnect to the simple genuine pleasures that relax you and allow you to love and so live your life more fully. To understand how to prioritise your wellbeing above all else, to feel more assured in your true self and inspired actions, to feel hopeful about your future.
You will shift from an involvement in emotional upset to an understanding about the mastery of emotional fulfillment. This will become your focus and so generate energy and creativity beyond what you have experienced or imagined.
These retreats are to help you become more effective in your life. Diagnose the dysfunctions you are currently unaware of (because they are normal to you) to master comprehensive improvement.
- Delicious organic meals designed to nourish you well
- Involvement in the most authentic and beautiful experiences of the Dordogne
- Intensive but relaxed and fun coaching on every aspect of your wellbeing
- Walking or cycling to connect you to nature and explore the spectacular countryside
- Rural, beautiful and comfortable accommodation with log fires and spectacular views.
This week’s recipe:
Creamy Avocado and Parsley Pesto
A RECIPE BY SAMMY HAMILTON
150g cherry/plum tomatoes
250g gluten free pasta/spaghetti
8 Brazil nuts
Zest of ½ lemon
Juice of 1 lemon
Cracked black pepper, to taste
2-3 cloves of garlic
2 handfuls fresh parsley
1 handful fresh spinach (approx. 30g)
6 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp water
1. Preheat oven to 180°. In an ovenproof dish add the tomatoes with 1tbsp oil and put in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the tomatoes begin to split.
2. Cook gluten free pasta as per instructions on the packet.
3. Meanwhile, in a blender, blitz together the avocados, Brazil nuts, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, pepper, parsley, spinach, oil and water until smooth. If you want it slightly looser, add more oil to achieve desired consistency.
4. Drain the pasta and mix in the pesto sauce.
5. Serve and top with the roasted tomatoes and some fresh black pepper.